Sunday, February 21, 2016

#unlockthebox

I’m confused by the industry’s argument that opening up the $20B/year cable set-top box “market” to competition will harm innovation.  I’m also not convinced, with or without the unlocked box, that incumbent firms and new entrants alike will get it right and give consumers what they want – simplified and integrated viewing of broadcast and internet-delivered programming at a reasonable price with one remote control device (please).


My preference would be to get rid of the box(es).  Too many times they don’t sync with my TV when I turn it on or change channels.  So frustrating!  My preference would be to have one device that works with any hardware in the house (TV, computer, tablet), recognizes any type of programming on demand, and includes some advertising so I don’t have to pay quite as much for it.  Is that too much to ask?  It may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment